About Dr. Greg Wrigley
Greg Wrigley was born in San Diego, California. He came to serve on the WVCSB staff as State Director of Missions in September, 2005. Prior to moving to West Virginia, he served as Director of Missions for the Black Creek Baptist Association, in Florida, for four years. Before that, he pastored the Orange Avenue Baptist Church in Green Cove Springs, FL, for nine years.
In 1977, he earned his Bachelors of Arts Degree from Shorter College in Rome, Georgia. He graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1980, with a Master of Divinity Degree. He holds a Doctor of Ministry degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, graduating in May,1986. His ministry project was training outreach leaders for the Sunday School.
He pastored and served a number of other churches while in and after college and seminary. He also served for four years as Religion Instructor and Campus Minister at Brewton Parker College, in Mt. Vernon, Georgia. He also served as an adjunct professor with The Baptist College of Florida and with New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Wrigley applied for the Director of Education/Newspaper Editor position when Dr. John Adams left that position for a church ministry in Florida. Wrigley was hired by the WVCSB Executive Board. He began the new task July 1, 2008.
He met and married Claudia Stephens, of Alpharetta, Georgia, while at Shorter. They have 2 daughters, Sarah and Stephanie. Sarah graduated from Marshall University with a teaching degree. Sarah is married to Stuart Jett. She is a teacher in Putnam County. Stephanie graduated from Marshall with a degree in marketing. She is working in Louisiana.
Wrigley’s hobbies include hunting, fishing, gardening, reading, and learning to play the banjo.
The Principle Ministry assigned to Wrigley is to work with churches and associations in developing Sunday School, Discipleship, and Men’s Ministry and Mission strategies for the local church.
His general areas of responsibility include [but are not limited to]:
- Assistance with Incorporation
- Discipleship Men’s Ministry and Missions
- Newspaper Editor Office Director for the WVCSB Foundation
- Office Contact for Guidestone Medical and Retirement Sunday School
- Vacation Bible School
His tasks include:
- Working with local church and associational leaders in the involvement of men and boys in missions education, activity and prayer support.
- Serving as consultant to churches and associations for specific local ministry needs.
- Working with churches and associations in developing leaders for ministries.
- Conducting such workshops, clinics and conferences as necessary,to help equip local ministries and leaders.
- Working with churches and associations to start new work through specialized ministries.
- Working with the Executive Director and other WVCSB staff to facilitate other ministries as needed.
- Shall lead worship in local churches as is appropriate (upon invitation).
As all the WVCSB staff will do, assist any WVCSB local church or association with any need, if requested.
Other areas of ministry interests include:
- assisting with disaster relief
- assisting with Missions Camp
- assisting with mission trips