Church Planting Ministry
The purpose of Church Planting is to assist churches and associations in the planting and early development of healthy, reproducing new congregations.
Church Planting VALUES…
- PLANNING – prayerfully formulating objectives, goals, and action plans to aggressively plant churches all across West Virginia
- LEARNING – always striving to stay on the cutting-edge of the latest models and methods
- ASSESSING – assessing each potential church planter to identify gifts and skills necessary to be successful.
- NURTURING – providing individualized attention to every church planter.
- TRUSTING – depending on God to reveal where He is at work and to provide the needed resources.
- INVOLVING – involving every West Virginia Baptist church in church planting at some level.
- NETWORKING – cooperating to pool the resources of the West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists, associations, churches, and the North American Mission Board to maximize church planting efforts.
- GROWING – sparking a church planting movement by incorporating a reproductive passion into every new congregation.
The West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists Church Planting Team ENVISIONS a time when…
- Every West Virginia Baptist church is involved in church planting in some way.
- Every West Virginia Baptist association establishes church planting as a top priority.
- Every West Virginia Baptist pastor and church perceives church planting as the most effective method of evangelizing West Virginia.
- Every West Virginia Baptist association provides supplemental funding for church planting from an endowment or some other source.
- Every church planter will have the opportunity to receive quality training at any time throughout the year.
- Every church planter will belong to a network of his peers for encouragement, accountability, and improvement.
- Every new church develops a pattern of planting other churches.
- God initiates a church planting movement that sweeps West Virginia with the gospel.
- Link: Church Starting Strategy
For more information, contact Delton Beall.