Disaster Relief Ministry
Purpose: To assist affiliated churches and associations in the task of extending God’s Kingdom by developing a strategy to minister to their communities through Disaster Relief, Evangelism, and Ministry. A disaster is defined as anything that causes human suffering or creates human needs from which the victims cannot alleviate themselves.
OUR MISSION: To meet the physical and spiritual needs of hurting humanity in crisis situations with a loving and timely response and to glorify God through our actions.
Types of Disasters:
- Residential fires
- Airplane crashes
- Forest fires
- Coal Mine Disasters
Volunteers must complete “Yellow Cap” Training.
- Must complete update training for recertification every three years.
- Must provide personal expenses for DR trips.
- Must never solicit or accept monies or services from those served.
- Provide relief-and spiritual ministries to persons within a disaster area.
- Must accept supervision of “On Site Coordinator” or Blue Cap assigned to their unit.