First Baptist Church in Princeton, WV is seeking a part time Worship Leader.
First Baptist provides a blended service with a choir and praise band. With the retirement of their current worship leader, the church is actively in search of the next leader who will guide them into the future. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work effectively with both groups, facilitating an inspiring and well-executed worship experience that engages the congregation in worship and praise. Compensation will be determined based on the candidate’s experience.
Principal focus: The Worship Leader will be responsible for providing leadership of all church music activities.
* Plan, coordinate, and conduct the music program for Sunday morning services. Be present for at least 44 Sundays a year.
* Conduct weekly Adult Choir rehearsals and Praise Team rehearsals.
* Represent the Music Ministry on the Church Council, attending planning meetings.
* Coordinate with the Music Committee the total music program.
* Oversee the maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Collaborate with other staff and volunteers in the Music Department.
* Prepare, recommend, and manage an annual budget.
* Attend Staff Meetings
* Plan and direct music for any special church wide function that calls for or requires music (i.e., Christmas concert, associational meetings, revivals, etc.)
* Schedule guest artists.
Skills and other requirements:
* Music or related degree OR a minimum of two years in a church music staff or professional music-related position preferred.
* Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
* A team player with good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* A basic knowledge of sound systems.
* The ability to supervise and direct the work of the organist and other instrumentalists.
Special Qualifications: A commitment to Jesus Christ and to a growing personal relationship with Him.
Work Hours: As required, up to 15 hours per week. Paid vacation and sick days are not provided.
Supervision: The incumbent of this position reports to the Senior Pastor. There is an expectation that the Worship Leader will establish and maintain a good working relationship with the pastor, other staff, and the church body as a whole, under the guidance and encouragement of the Pastors and Personnel Committee.